Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) "teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!).
- Share the title & author, too, so that the other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
* * * * * * * * * *
"I won," I pant out.
"You cheated," he says, pushing forward a few more steps and collapsing with both arms behind him, looped over the rope stringing along the buoys. He arches his back so his face is tilted upward toward the sky. His T-shirt is completely soaked, and water beads off his eyelashes, trickles down his cheeks.
"No rules," I say, "so no cheating."
He turns to me, grinning. "I let you win, then."
- page 160, Delirium by Lauren Oliver, owned
A scream roared up my throat, but I choked it back. I was crazy, I knew I was. Smelling Old Spice. Seeing worms in Adrien's eyes. I'd gotten my eyes checked yesterday, but shit, that doctor had clearly missed something. This was not normal.
- page 50, The Cellar by A.J. Whitten, eARC via NetGalley