Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) "teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!).
- Share the title & author, too, so that the other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
* * * * * * * * * *
"Let's start something more basic. Isn't it strange that I know you'd risk your life to save mine... but I don't know what your favorite color is?" he says.
A smile creeps onto my lips. "Green. What's yours?"
"Orange," he says.
"Orange? Like Effie's hair?" I say.
"A bit more mured," he says. "More like... sunset."
- page 52, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, owned
"You need to focus more on the chic part rather than the casual part. You don't want to look like a hopeless homemaker. You'd be violating Lipstick Law Two. Got it?"
I nod my head in agreement, and she moves on. "Lipstick Law Three--Health. Never gain more than three pound in a year."
- page 52, The Lipstick Laws by Amy Holder, eARC via NetGalley