Image via Goodreads Image via Goodreads

April 26, 2011

Book Review | Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
Publisher: New American Library
Date Published: March 1, 2011
Pages: 324
Chapters: 26
Original Language: English
Source: Borrowed [Thanks Mia!]
Summary

Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.

As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.

And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.


* * * * * * * * * *

My friend told me to read this book. She said, it is a great read. I wasn't very eager at first. But to be honest, the cover really is tempting. So I borrowed her copy and went over to glue my eyes on it. So... What do I think after it? Let's find out.

The Plot. At first, it was just simple. However, each turning pages, things are gotten intense. Like the fire is getting hotter and hotter in minutes. The intensity of the plot grew, and the best part is... It never falls down.

The storyline is written well. Each paragraph was formed in a very understandable way, easy to pick up. And it doesn't mess your head to think and think. Simple yet detailed and precised. Emotions of the story were mixed up pretty well. All those, drama, love, fear, excitement and humor. Combines with a great author. The book ended up, brilliantly.

The flow of the story 'til the end is wicked awesome! It was never boring to me. It was beyond my expectations. What I meant is... I was stunned to find that unexpected turns of events. I was practically speechless that moment of my reading spree. This one just not include what the reason of Haden being with Theia but how the book was written and how it gives an impact to me. Which results to be a book-to-be-loved! :]

The ending is nicely done! Instead of feeling of unsatisfactory, instead it has given me the urge to wait for the next installment! Up is Down. Down is Up? Goodness gracious! I am actually out of words to say great things about this book! :]

The Characters. I must say, I love everyone involves to the story. How it mixed up, contributes and being a part of it just a little. I loved it all! Theia is a lovable female protagonist. I read characters mostly had their first in all [I mean falling in-love and some other things] but this one is pretty great. She is in a equilibrium of strong and weak -- Or may I call it stweak. lol! Anyway, she is one of my best female characters now. Aside from Theia, who wouldn't forget about Haden *shrieks* [Yeah, let's be gay here! lmao!]. He's a great pair-up with Theia. I am practically drooling to both of them!

I am very grateful that Amelia, Donny, Varnie and Matt. Has a great contribution to the story. Beside being involved and everything. They're the reasons as well, making it more interesting and fun to read. Best and all! :]

Flaw? No way, Jose! I don't think of any flaw and if there is.. I don't care! [Talk about cold shoulders]. :]

Other Thoughts. If my overall rating different. I would rate this one a 10 Stars or maybe even more! I am an instant fan! I'm going myself to buy a copy of this one and can't wait for the next installment! :]

I extremely recommend this book to everyone! You are not gonna regret this buying this book! It is deserving to include in your bookshelves! Falling Under gives us a great reading pleasure of YA Paranormal Romance! An outstanding applause for Gwen Hayes! :]


OVERALL RATING

Challenges:

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Excellent review - this book sounds like a great read? I am definitely adding it to my TBR list!

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

Wonderful review. I've kind of had the impression that this book was mostly a pretty cover, I guess I need to add this one on my wishlist.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...