Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) "teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!).
- Share the title & author, too, so that the other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
* * * * * * * * * *
We got to the stairs and she stopped me. "How do you feel about him? That's the important thing."
I shrugged. "Up is down. Down is up."
"And that means...?"
- page 138, Falling Under by Gwen Hayes, borrowed
Once Miss Brett was out of earshot, Faye said, "We need a plan."
"A plan for what?" asked Jasper.
"A plan of rescue, you dimwit," Faye said. "We've got to get out of here and rescue our parents."
- page 94, The Atomic Weight of Secrets or The Arrival of the Mysterious Men in Black by Eden Unger Bowditch, eARC
I recently finished this book though I liked to share some teaser with you...
He swallowed his last bite of brain sushi. "Well, dear, I hope it's not too special." He takes out one of the business cards from his wallet and picks the brains out of his teeth. "I don't think sushi's supposed to be quite that hard to chew."