Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
- Grab your current read.
- Open to a random page.
- Share two (2) "teaser sentences from somewhere on that page.
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!).
- Share the title & author, too, so that the other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
* * * * * * * * * *
A faint bluish light was visible at the tunnel's end. "It's so...dark," she said lamely.
"You want me to hold your hand?"
Clary put her hands behind her back like a small child. "Don't talk down to me."
"Well, I could hardly talk up to you. You're too short." Jace glanced past her, the torch showering sparks as he moved.
- page 180, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, borrowed
"Yes, yes, I'm here," he says, and tries to kiss me again, but I draw back.
I put my hands on his shoulders to push him away, but I can see the strange pain in his eyes that makes me think he was dreaming of Rose for a minute before I materialized back into Rhine.
- page 222, Wither by Lauren DeStefano, eARC